ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeller (ANSYS SCDM) is a software product based on direct modelling technology which helps to accelerate and optimise the pre-processing stage of CAE.
ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeller helps you create 3D geometry from scratch or import and edit a wide range of native CAD data or fix geometry errors and then prepare your models for FEA and/or CFD analyses, fast and efficiently. ANSYS SCDM is an innovative and intuitive tool which makes it possible for engineers/analysts who want to work in 3D without having to spend a lot of time becoming experts in traditional feature-based CAD systems. Before ANSYS SCDM, CAE users were forced to use CAD tools designed for CAD specialists or ask the CAD specialists to create or simplify models themselves. This resulted in wasted time and energy. Most often engineers would not perform simulations until after the detailed models were complete, causing expensive last-minute change orders.
Revolutionising Product Development Workflows
We are helping customers completely streamline their operations through:
- Refocusing on the task at hand instead of on the technology
- Working with any geometry, regardless of where it came from.
- Strong integrations downstream with CAE and CAM tools for high productivity
- The removal of geometry bottlenecks throughout the entire workflow, from early concept design to pre-processing for manufacturing
How SpaceClaim Can Work for You
Check out the following pages to better understand how SpaceClaim can make your jobs faster and more rewarding:
- Concept Modelling
- Specifically Simulation Driven Design and Bid Modelling/Early Concept Design
- Specifically 3D Printing, CAM, Sheet Metal, and Mold Manufacturing
- CAE Prep
- Specifically for CFD/Thermal and Structural analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Going from 2D to 3D