Since 1974, Playmobil has made over 2.7 billion little plastic people. The company started with just three figures: a knight, an American Indian, and a construction worker. Today, that number exceeds 4,000 figures and 30 different Playmobil worlds. The number of Playmobil plastic people on the planet grows by 275,000 a day, or just over a 100 million a year!
The planning of these innovations – from first ideas, exploring design concepts, testing prototypes to the finished parts in series production – passes through a standard product development process. But within that process, the designs are constantly changing based on internal and external feedback. And today, the company uses PTC’s 3D CAD software, Creo, and even 3D printing to explore more design alternatives earlier and faster than before. The Playmobil team use Creo across product development; from initial modeling of concepts through to NC machining of the plastic injection molds.
What Creo can do for you:
- It’s all here: from the basics of part and assembly modeling to mechanisms to aesthetic surface design.
- Take advantage of technical surfacing capabilities, advanced surfacing, rendering, and reverse engineering.
- Explore innovative product development opportunities with the most powerful concept design tools on the market, including: freeform surfacing, integrated parametric and direct modeling, and more.
- Easily create 2D schematic designs and documentation for piping, cabling, and harnesses, and then use them to drive the associated 3D CAD models.
- Analyse and validate the performance of your 3D CAD designs before you make the first part.
- Make sure stakeholders throughout the organisation can easily view, interact, and share product data.
- Ensure product designs seamlessly transition to manufacturing with NC, tooling and mold design solutions.
- Work effectively with data from multiple CAD systems in a single design environment.
- Open and work with very large assemblies without waiting for screen regens
- Create AR experiences in 2 minutes
- Link your smart connected real world products to your CAD model for real data driven design
- Cut design and drawing production costs
- Safe time with Model Based Definition
- Safely and easily manage large projects with top down design