Rocky DEM is an advanced DEM software package for simulation and analysis of particulate solids handling and processing operations. It has several distinct advantages over competitor codes that make it an engineering simulation tool that allows real world problems to be modelled and gives confidence to the engineers that the computational solutions have real value.
Why choose ROCKY DEM?
- Fast and Accurate: Using streamlined calculations and double precision processing, ROCKY DEM provides you with fast and accurate results. ROCKY’s multi-GPU solver capabilities feature cutting-edge shared-parallel-memory technology.
- Realistic: ROCKY DEM simulates discrete particles in a vast array of shapes and size distributions. Coupled with variable wet, dry, and dust-like properties.
- Flexible: CAD import of geometries including XGL, STL and DXF to simulate any type of system. Ability to move boundaries and vibrate surfaces.
- Easy: A compact user interface, integrated help topics, and customisable parameters make ROCKY DEM simulations simple to set up.
- Affordable: Priced significantly lower than other DEM codes meaning best value for money and a quicker return on investment.
- Customisable: If out-of-the-box ROCKY DEM doesn’t meet your requirements, developers can tailor the code to suit your exact requirements.
This free training course will discuss how trajectories and flow paths influence material behavior within transfer chute geometries and arrangements.
Over three sessions, you will develop key skills to assess flow regimes of bulk solid materials handling and learn how to apply this knowledge to operational management.
Click here to immediately access these recordings on-demand.
ROCKY DEM and Ansys Coupling
Rocky DEM is fully integrated with the Ansys Workbench suite of products, providing engineers with the ability to perform coupled analysis of particles simulation together with other physics such as structural and fluids. Such coupling can be performed using both 1-way and 2-way approaches, depending upon the nature of the problem to be solved.
Click here to learn more.
The breakage model used in Rocky DEM has various applications for accurately simulating the fragmentation and degradation of particles in bulk materials handling equipment. Rocky’s unique ability to simulate arbitrary-shaped convex polyhedral particles enables it to preserve both mass and volume in the breakage processes, providing increased accuracy over other commercial DEM codes.
Bio Pharma company Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) simulates over 10 million particles using the Multi-GPU capabilities of Rocky DEM.
“The highlight of the Rocky software is certainly its speed and realistic particle shapes. For us, being able to simulate the exact number of particles in the exact same size distributions and shape representations that we have in our experimental studies is the primary benefit to using Rocky DEM.”
Preetanshu Pandey, Ph.D. Principal Scientist at Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS)
Case Study: Vale
Ansys and ROCKY DEM generate huge savings for Vale
The largest producer of iron ore in the world uses computer simulation to optimise machinery, increase production and reduce costs by 80%