Rocky is an advanced DEM software package for simulation and analysis of particulate solids handling and processing operations. It has several distinct advantages over competitor codes that make it an engineering simulation tool that allows real world problems to be modelled and gives confidence to the engineers that the computational solutions have real value.
Why choose ROCKY?
- Fast and Accurate: Using streamlined calculations and double precision processing, ROCKY provides you with fast and accurate results. ROCKY’s multi-GPU solver capabilities feature cutting-edge shared-parallel-memory technology.
- Realistic: ROCKY simulates discrete particles in a vast array of shapes and size distributions. Coupled with variable wet, dry, and dust-like properties.
- Flexible: CAD import of geometries including XGL, STL and DXF to simulate any type of system. Ability to move boundaries and vibrate surfaces.
- Easy: A compact user interface, integrated help topics, and customisable parameters make ROCKY simulations simple to set up.
- Affordable: Priced significantly lower than other DEM codes meaning best value for money and a quicker return on investment.
- Customisable: If out-of-the-box ROCKY doesn’t meet your requirements, developers can tailor the code to suit your exact requirements.
The breakage model used in Rocky DEM has various applications for accurately simulating the fragmentation and degradation of particles in bulk materials handling equipment. Rocky’s unique ability to simulate arbitrary-shaped convex polyhedral particles enables it to preserve both mass and volume in the breakage processes, providing increased accuracy over other commercial DEM codes.
Bio Pharma company Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) simulates over 10 million particles using the Multi-GPU capabilities of Rocky DEM.
“The highlight of the Rocky software is certainly its speed and realistic particle shapes. For us, being able to simulate the exact number of particles in the exact same size distributions and shape representations that we have in our experimental studies is the primary benefit to using Rocky DEM.”
Preetanshu Pandey, Ph.D. Principal Scientist at Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS)
Case Study: Vale
ANSYS and ROCKY generate huge savings for Vale
The largest producer of iron ore in the world uses computer simulation to optimise machinery, increase production and reduce costs by 80%