Aerospace & Defence
The aerospace and defence (A&D) industry has been at the leading edge of the development and adoption of simulation technology since the introduction of computerised tools. The reason is simple: It works in a high-reward/high-risk design space, in which the cost of failure is too high. An engineering success like the Space Shuttle’s first manned flight would have been impossible without the extensive use of reliable and accurate computer simulations that guaranteed all systems and components were working correctly.
Simulation Applications in Aerospace & Defence
- Aircraft engine simulation
- Environmental control systems simulation
- On board hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic systems
- Safety critical systems design aspects such as:
- Embedded software simulation, including DO-178C simulation
- Bird strike simulation
- Lightning strike simulation
- Aircraft icing simulation
- Advanced aerospace composite design
- Condition based maintenance models
- Emerging digital twin simulation software
- Military simulation software is critical to delivering the technological edge to the warfighter in the fastest time possible within the constraints of design for affordability initiatives.
- Design for affordability initiatives across all domains of land, sea, air, space and cyber
- Ansys military simulation software is a key component of the emergent digital twin simulation software initiative
- Increased capability within the constraints of size, weight, power and cooling (SWaP-C), reliability and durability
- Safety critical systems design including:
- Integrated modular avionics
- Embedded software simulation, including DO-178C simulation and alignment with US DoD FACE standards, ISR system development and a wide range of electromechanical systems
Ansys provides test methodologies for your Communication systems and electronics.
Installed Antenna Perf.
PCB Virtual Pre-compliance
- PCB Reliability, HALT/HASS, DO-160
- Radiated Emissions, CISPR25, MIL/DO
- Conducted Emissions, CISPR25, MIL/DO
- ESD Tests, IEC 61000
Ansys provides test procedures for satellite structural integrity and mechanics.
- Static and Dynamic, Vibration
- Thermal System Analysis
- Fatigue under thermal cycling
Embedded Software Tests
Ansys provides a software development platform for certified code.
- Embedded Software
- DO-178 Level A/B
- ARINC 661
Space Environmental Effects (SERE):
ANSYS provides a virtual test facility for space environments.
ESD for given space radiation environment
- solar ultraviolet (UV) radiation
- charged particle (ionizing) radiation
- surface charging and arcing
Want to learn more about LEAP’s solutions?
Complete the form and our team will contact you to discuss your needs.