Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) helps manufacturers manage complex, cross-functional processes, coordinating the efforts of distributed teams to consistently and efficiently develop the best possible products. The PTC PLM system manage all aspects of the product development lifecycle from concept through service and retirement. By optimizing product development processes and using a single, secure source of information, manufactures can develop products that are competitive, cost-effective, and high quality.
Directly, PLM offers significant value to a company, by establishing a single system that simultaneously manages both hardware and software deliverables. PLM also enhances other enterprise systems (ERP, CRM) by enabling the sharing of product information throughout the organization.
Optimise your product development process with PTC Windchill, our plm software that offers comprehensive capabilities to help manufacturers manage their products through all phases of the product lifecycle.
Japan Radio Company discusses why they chose PTC Windchill and how it has helped them enable global business processes and improve search times and overall usability.
PTC Windchill 11 is:
Developing today’s products is a fast-paced, highly dynamic process involving more people and disciplines than ever before. Keeping everyone informed and connected to a single source of truth for product data and processes is vital to accurate decisions, high-quality work, and timely product releases.
- Role Based Apps: Unleash the power of PLM by getting the right product data to more stakeholders – faster, easier, and in context with the work they do – by eliminating complex user interfaces and extensive training.
- New Search: Multifaceted search capabilities make finding and reusing parts faster, more intuitive, and more streamlined.
- Improved IP Protection: Support your “design anywhere, build anywhere” strategy with enhanced security features that keep your data and projects secure across internal and third-party collaborators around the world.
- OSLC Standards: PTC Windchill 11 is a smart, open PLM system. PTC has incorporated OSLC standards for greater collaboration and connection to other systems.
Smart, connected products offer both new challenges and new opportunities to product development teams – including the ability to improve product quality much faster through direct connection to live operational data.
- Connected Quality: Capture and analyze field data to detect failures faster, with more complete information for improved root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions.
- Requirements Traceability: Define and manage connections between system-level requirements and product design with new links between PTC Windchill and PTC Integrity.
- Performance Advisor: PTC Windchill 11 is smart and connected to bring you better, more proactive support: collecting information about its own performance, alerting PTC of issues, and preserving anonymity and compliance.
Today’s product development complexity demands PLM that manages more data and processes in more nimble ways: enabling parts-centric design, reducing time to market, streamlining collaboration, and improving the accuracy and speed of decision-making.
- Enhanced BoM Transformation: Improve collaboration across teams with smooth transitions between eBoM, mBoM, and sBoM; as well as visual side-by-side BoM comparisons and changes that cascade automatically across BoMs
- Updated BoM Management: Create and manage a complete, parts-centric BoM with improvements to visualization, parts definition, and variants management.
Manage PTC Creo 3.0 Breakthroughs: Leverage the latest design exploration capabilities and Unite technology to manage any supported third-party CAD file in its native format.
- Many, Many More: Additional new capabilities enhance project collaboration, visualization in PTC Creo View, Customer Experience Management, and much more.
Reduce the IT burden and cost overhead of PLM while ensuring accessibility and security with New Deployment Options: Cloud, on-premise, and fully-hosted SAAS models all leverage subscription pricing to ensure predictable budgeting as PLM project or program needs change.